Simon Marsham

This summer I went with my girlfriend and a group of friends to spend a week on the island of Norrmansö in Sweden. We stayed in a group of cabins surrounded by trees, which coupled with excessive plaid/flannel-wearing made me think I was living inside a Mount Eerie song. We had to boat across from the mainland from a place called Spillersboda; I knew that once on the island we would be surrounded by water so I bought one of those disposable underwater cameras that you can get from chemists, thinking I'd be able to get some great shots of people diving and swimming underwater and so forth. However, despite the near-constant sun, the lake never really got warm enough for swimming, and I was always short on volunteers. At some point during the week one of the other guys and I took a canoe over to the nearest island opposite. It was a tiny body of land that seemed completely untouched by any life other than the trees around us and the moss underfoot.

THANK YOU SIMON MARSHAM. #